Beautiful 17th century building in the Jewish Cultural Quarter
The site of the present synagogue (the Esnoga or Snoge) was acquired on 12 December 1670. Construction work began on 6 Iyar 5431 (17 April 1671) under architect Elias Bouwman. Work came to a halt early in 1672, the so-called year of disaster, until 27 May 1674. Eventually, on 10 Menachem 5435 (2 August 1675) the Esnoga was solemnly inaugurated.
Mr. Visserplein 1,1011 RD Amsterdam